By Ross | 1 Entertainment on Oct 18 2022back to blog list
A wishing well for a wedding is a decorated box where guests can drop in cards with their congratulations and best wishes for the newlyweds. The cards' money is typically used towards the couple's honeymoon or a new home.
Wishing wells can be a great way to save up for something special, but they can also be seen as tacky or greedy. If you're considering a wishing well for your wedding, be sure to weigh the pros and cons carefully:
Wedding wishing wells are a great alternative to gifts that would be left unused. Guests can put money toward the couple's future, and the couple can use the money to put it toward their dream honeymoon, home, or something else. Plus, it's an excellent way to get everyone involved in the wedding!
Wedding wishing wells are becoming increasingly popular, and it's easy to see why. They're a convenient way for guests to drop off cards and gifts and a great way to lend a touch of whimsy to your wedding décor.
When not done right, wedding wishing wells can seem tacky or imposing to guests. In fact, there's a chance the idea will be met with hostility. After all, asking for money is still a bit awkward, even at weddings.
Other guests might also hesitate because they're unsure about how much they should give. Others might feel hesitant because they feel like they're not giving enough and would rather miss the event. If you have reason to believe some of your guests might feel this way, it's best to give them the option to give a gift instead.
If you're set on wishing well at your wedding, there are a few things you can do to make sure it's done tastefully. Here are some tips:
1. Make sure the wishing well is in keeping with the overall style of your wedding. A rustic wishing well may not be appropriate if your wedding is very formal.
2. Think about where you want the wishing well to be located. It should be in a spot that is easily accessible for guests but not in the way of other wedding activities.
3. Decorate the wishing well to match your wedding theme. You can use flowers, ribbons, or other decorations to make it look more festive.
4. Put a sign on the wishing well that explains what it is for and how guests can use it. This helps avoid confusion on the day of your wedding.
5. Have someone responsible for collecting the wishes from the well at the end of the night. This can be a member of your wedding party or a designated member of your family.
Following the tips shared here will help to ensure that your wishing well is tasteful and practical. Guests will appreciate having a place to leave their wedding wishes, and you'll be able to enjoy the sentimentality of reading them later on.
Wishing wells for weddings are becoming more popular these days. This is likely due to the fact that they provide a unique and personal way for guests to contribute to the happy couple's big day. Plus, they're a fun way to collect wishes and donations.
1 Entertainment is among the top party planners in London who can help make your dream wedding a reality. Whether you want to have a mobile bar, a dance floor, or a wishing well for a wedding, we got your back. Get in touch with 1 Entertainment so we can discuss your wedding plans!